Thursday, 4 October 2012

800 Years Young

If you have arrived here looking for the Tando Creative Blog Hop post you can find it here.

This is the second layout I have created using this month's Design Team Kit using the fabulous Teresa Collins Vintage Finds patterned papers called Flowers and Clocks.  The technique this month is using Twine (or Trims to be exact) using the equally fabulous Vintage Finds Trims.


I used Bazzill 'Coal' Cardstock as the base (and gutted the centre), layered this up with a section of Bazzill 'Walnut Cream' Cardstock and then a section of Bazzill 'Tawny Light' Cardstock.  I cut two oblongs of patterned paper from the two patterned paper sheets to fit alongside the photograph (well it is a postcard really).
 
The clock face is cut from the 'Clocks' patterned paper.  I added some Vintage Finds Stickers at the top left of the photograph and made a journal card with an off-cut of Kraft Cardstock and some of the Twine from the Trims pack.
 

I added a flower and brad from my own stash and using a template for guidance, I hand stitched the leaves using some of the Twine from the pack.  The title is made up from American Crafts Thickers and Cosmo Cricket Tiny Alphabet Stickers.

Thanks for stopping by today.  If you are a follower of this blog and you leave a comment on this post (today only) I will enter your name into the blog candy draw.  Best of luck everyone.

11 comments:

  1. Lovely page great style
    Loved the blog hop too
    http://dawnthecrafter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the twine flower petals and how they fall out of the frame. Great LO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh another Fab layout Ann, Love how you've dont the flower with the twine, Great layout xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all your lovely comments. I think this is my true style - clean and simple! Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That twine as leaves idea is simply fabulous. I'll have to try it sometime. I'm sure it would look beautiful on cards. TFS Ann.
    Hugs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  6. stunning effect Ann with twine leaves Ann love it. thanks Janice xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Mara, Rosalee and Janice for stopping by and leaving a comment. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful layout Ann I really love the twine stem and leaves its fab

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cheers Jaqi. I love stitching on layouts, it's one of my favourites - next to buttons, banners, flowers .... Ann x

    ReplyDelete