Monday, 15 October 2012

Christmas Eve Tradition

When my daughters were little girls every Christmas Eve we would go through the same ritual.  They used to be so excited, waiting for Santa and knew that there was 'only one more sleep' before he arrived.  At bedtime, they used to have a bath and wear their brand new 'Christmas nightie and slippers' and have their photograph taken beside the Christmas Tree.

Obviously, as they got older they didn't want to join in the same 'childish traditions' but I think it's lovely to scrap those memories so they can remember these times when they get older.


This is a layout using one of those Christmas Eve photographs created using Prima North Country 'Red Deer' patterned paper as the base (used the reverse side), layered up with cream cardstock.  I used Prima North Country 'Glacier Roads' as the strips along the bottom of the photograph and for the banner shapes.  I used Dovecraft Vintage Buttons to add some dimension and 'sewed' along the inside of the cardstock with Twine.  The title is made from Black Dovecraft Glitter Alphabets.

Do you have any little 'Christmas Traditions' that you share with your family.  Leave a comment and let me know and if you are a follower of this blog, I will enter your name into the draw for the blog candy.  Thanks for stopping by.

12 comments:

  1. Morning Ann, eeee looking at this layout, brings back so many good memories... We had the same tradition, lads were bathed, new pj's on and we always let them open 1 pressie, hee hee but we always knew which one we let them open, *slippers* ha ha it took them a few years before they clicked lol......

    Love your layout and papers xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shelagh - glad it brought memories for you too. Shame they grow up so quickly - happy days! Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our family tradition that has stayed with us over 4 generations we have a xmas stocking on the end of bed and always in them was an apple, orange, some homemade sweets, a book and a coin was a halfcrown when i was little (showing my age now lol)and no one was allowed downstairs untill everyone was up and all wenbt down together to find the presents santa left (this was for the little ones ),we then had breakfast and passed the family presents after we had all eaten,we still do this each year with my grandchildren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by Jakki and sharing your family tradition with us. I remember getting an orange in my stocking when I was little but my girls wouldn't eat them - how times change! Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so great Ann. Again, I love the sweet touch of that twine. Beautiful font as well. Our Christmas tradition is celebrating Christmas eve over at my In-Laws place. Been doing it since we got married 5 years ago and will continue to do it.
    Hugs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rosalee - thanks for stopping by and sharing your Christmas tradition. Long may it last. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great design, love how you used the twine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Miriam - I think it's my 'new thing' at the moment, even though I have used it before. I tend to go through phases with products - twine at the moment. Thanks for stopping by. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely layout Ann happy memories.
    I used to hang my stocking up and leave gifts for santa and rudolph.
    Then when I was older used to Sleep At my brothers house to be with my nieces at xmas. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Janice - Christmas isn't the same without children is it? I have always spent Christmas Day with my youngest daughter and her son since he was born - he's 13 this December. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love this , I remember doing the same when i was little and then again with my children when they were little. Christmas is all about children and a little of the magic is always lost each year as they get older, then grandchildren come along , I agree its lovely to have these memories saved in such a special way

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's all about the traditions - we're sticklers for it round our way too! Love the banners (delicious papers all round) and the fantastic lettering...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete