Tuesday, 30 October 2012

NOEL Banner

I made this Noel Banner from some light weight chipboard sheets that had been packaging in a former life!
 
 
I cut triangle shapes from the chipboard using a Fiskars Finger Tip Craft Knife - eight triangles in all.  I based my banner design on the Tando Creative Scalloped Banner but as it was hand cut made the design straight on all pieces.

I painted the bigger banner pieces using red acrylic paint and covered the smaller triangle pieces in Bazzill Believe patterned paper.  I cut the letters out using the Cricut using the shadow function and Bazzill Ruby Slipper and Blackbird cardstock.  I mounted the letters onto shapes also cut on the Cricut using Bazzill Rain Forest cardstock.  I added some small red brads from my own stash and threaded through some string trim to finish.

Thanks for stopping by today.  If you leave a comment and you are a follower of this blog, I will enter your name into the blog candy draw.  Best of luck!

9 comments:

  1. Ann that is lovely,you make it sound so easy to make! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lynne. Apart from the cutting of the chipboard they are easy. I would recommend the Tando Creative Chipboard Banner though as it is already cut and ready to decorate. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing how you can make something lush out of packaging:) Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great banner - lovely traditional Christmas colours!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Heather and Alison for stopping by and leaving a comment. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful banner Ann. I love the traditional Christmas colors.
    Hugs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know I'm late lol.... Been in bed the last few days, nit very well :( Love the banner, I'm going to make some this year, well!!! thats the plan ha ha ha x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So simple but very effective sounds easy to make clever idea Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your comments Rosalee, Shelagh and Janice.

    Hope you are feeling better now Shelagh. Ann x

    ReplyDelete