Thursday, 18 October 2012

PEACE

Another 8" x 8" layout from Joanne using the fab Bazzill 'Believe' patterned papers 'Believe/Kraft Wrap' and 'Countdown to Christmas/Chimney Dust'.  Joanne has also used Dovecraft Christmas Vintage Buttons to create the heart shape around the top edge of the photograph.

 
This paper line goes really well with Bazzill Kraft cardstock.  Just adding banners and metal ornaments adds extra dimension to the layout.
  
If you are a scrapbooker, do you like making your Christmas layouts in advance - just to pop your photographs on afterwards, or do you like to wait until the Christmas period is over and create your layouts then?  If you leave a comment on this post and you are a follower of this blog, I will enter your name into the blog candy draw.  Best of luck!

10 comments:

  1. Morning Ann, I like to wait until Christmas is over, then do my layouts, I like to go by the pic as apposed to the season, if that makes sense lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shelagh - yes I know what you mean. I sometimes do the layout, then add a photograph after but like you I prefer to get the photograph first so I know what colour scheme to use. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer to use photo's as inspiration for my LO's.
    I absolutely love what Joanne did with the buttons by forming a heart and using the photo edges as her guide lines. Precious picture too. Very beautiful job.
    Hugs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout. I don't do layouts in advance because I can just never tell how many photos I will want to use for a given layout, orientation, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to have the photo before the layout, I can't tell you how many layout's I have done at workshops that never get a photo, because well I would rather work around the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely layout - especially the dotty banners, and the button heart! I'm not so much of a scrapbooker - but the only time I've ever done it, coerced by my sister-in-law into helping with my mother's 70th birthday album (which I'm very happy about as it kickstarted this whole crafting craziness), I absolutely needed the photos to spark what I then created on the page...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for leaving a comment ladies. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ann I preferr to have my photo to work with whe doing layouts. But sometimes make a layout without pic but usually know which pic I want to use xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Janice - yes that happens sometimes to me, especially if working with a kit. Thanks for stopping by. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super layout , I love gingham papers they must be one of my all time favourites. I especially like the formation of the buttons into the heart shape that looks fab

    ReplyDelete