Saturday, 6 October 2012

Product Review: Vintage Finds Trims

If you arrived here for the Tando Creative Blog Hop you will see the relevant post here.

The brand new Teresa Collins Vintage Finds range is an absolute delight!  I have been working for the past couple of days with the Design Team Kit that includes patterned papers from this range.  The papers themselves are fabulous in that the 12" x 12" size are cardstock weight and have a lovely texture to them.

I have also been working with the Vintage Finds Trims and thought I would do a review on how I found the product:


Firstly, the pack contains 20 yards of Twine - 10 yards of a candy stripe in caramel and white and 10 yards of a string type twine.  There is also 2 yards of seam binding, which is like ribbon and has a lovely sheen.

I used the striped twine on my layout '800 years young' and stitched using a template and needle.  I found that the twine worked better when using a bigger sewing needle as otherwise it tends to unravel as you sew through the paper and card. 

The string like twine has a very coarse texture but great for using as I did in my Halloween layout, threading through chipboard shapes.

The seam binding I used to wrap around some cardstock (I will show this layout on Monday) and like I said earlier it is really a ribbon and has a lovely sheen.

Value for money:  I have used some of each of the trims on three layouts and I still have plenty left over.  The beauty of this pack is the colour combinations.  As the Vintage Finds Trims are a neutral colour they will co-ordinate with several other projects.

Teresa Collins also has the trims in the Christmas Cottage range and these too contain the same amounts of twine and seam binding as the Vintage Finds range.  These contain a lovely Christmas red seam binding, red and white candy stripe twine and the string type twine.  I will be using the Teresa Collins Christmas Cottage Collection Kit on the scrapbooking day I am hosting in December, so will let you know how I get on with that.

If you leave a comment on this post today and you are a follower of this blog, I will enter your name into the blog candy draw for this month.  Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review, it sounds like a great product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mara - thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMMM!! sounds very interesting and different xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really useful review - they look like a good addition to the stash...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete