Sunday, 25 November 2012

Calendar 2013: December

Regular visitors to this blog will know that I am hosting a scrapbooking day in December for a group of ladies at a local Church Hall.  We will be creating layouts and making a start on pages for our 2013 'Create a Calendar (from the Paper Mill).  As each calendar will be unique to everyone, I thought I would share the pages that I have made so far with you.

The calendar starts out life like this:


Using patterned papers and die-cut accessories from the Teresa Collins Christmas Cottage Kit, I created this mini layout on the page for December:

 
 
I have made a 'background' for my layout cut to 11" x 7" and will use these measurements throughout the calendar so there is consistency.  I like to create a background for each page rather than just create straight onto the calendar as this makes it more like a scrapbook page.
 
I created the mini trees from banner die-cut shapes from the accessories sheet included in the kit.  All the sentiments and journal card are from the sheet also.  I covered the printed details on the bottom of the page with matching patterned paper as I think this looks neater.
 
Leave a comment on this post today (and if you qualify) I will enter your name into the blog candy draw.  Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

  1. That layout is just perfect. So much more interesting than just getting a photograph printed there and much more personal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - and they are easy to make! Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful idea Ann. Love the personalized calendar idea.
    Hugs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea , it looks brilliant bet its a great project to get your teeth into , perfect gift

    ReplyDelete