Wednesday, 7 November 2012

SIX

I wanted to scrap this lovely photograph of my niece but I just couldn't seem to find the right patterned papers - until the November DT Kit came along.  The kit contains the fab Glitz Design 'Yours Truly' patterned papers Floral and Motif, along with the co-ordinating 'Yours Truly' Washi Tape.  Bazzill cardstock in Vanilla Cream, Maraschino and Admiral complete the kit contents.


For this layout, I used Bazzill Admiral as the base (gutted out the centre to use on another layout), layered this up with the reverse side of the Motif patterned paper.  I added some little dots around the outside of the patterned paper and I kept the design simple by cutting out 2 banner shapes from the Motif patterned paper and 2 banner shapes from the Washi Tape.  I made the word SIX from some corrugated card, cardstock and patterned paper (by drawing around some big chipboard alphabet letters).  I added two red heart buttons (from my own stash) to the corrugated cut out hearts to finish.   I added the date and will add some journaling at a later date.

If you leave a comment on this post (today only to qualify), I will enter your name into the blog candy draw if you are a follower.  Thanks for stopping by.

11 comments:

  1. Great layout. Effective without too much embelishing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - sometimes I just feel that 'less is more'. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute!! Lovely photo to scrap with.
    Hugs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Rosalee. She is all grown up now! Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colours you have chosen, they compliment the photo well :) love corregated card too!! lainey x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks lainey. The corrugated card was left over from a previous kit we used. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the layout and the papers really set off the lovely photo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simple but very impressive layout. Love the papers and colours xx

    ReplyDelete