Monday, 5 November 2012

Wonderful Copenhagen

This is the first layout I have created using the DT Kit for November.  The 'photograph' is actually a postcard that I bought when I visited Copenhagen a few years back.  The DT Kit this month contains Glitz Design 'Yours Truly' patterned papers, Floral and Motif, Bazzill Maraschino, Vanilla Cream and Admiral Cardstock and 'Yours Truly' Washi Tape.


I used Bazzill Maraschino for the base (and gutted out the centre to use on another layout), layering this up with Bazzill Vanilla Cream cardstock.  I placed the postcard where I wanted it and cut pieces of the patterned paper and 'Yours Truly' Washi Tape around the postcard in a block design (to copy the design of the postcard).

I cut a 'Fringed Flower' from a Sizzix Die from a piece of Floral patterned paper and made it into a rosette to add some decoration to the page.  The wooden button is from my own personal stash and the title is made from small alphabets (bought from Wilkinson), that I featured in an earlier blog post.

Thanks for stopping by today.  If you leave a comment on this post (today only) and you are a follower of this blog, I will enter your name into the blog candy draw - draw will take place on Christmas Eve!

9 comments:

  1. very interesting idea to use a postcard. I have loads in photo albums but never in my scrapbooking but this looks really good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment Dawn. I have used postcards on layouts before when I haven't found a suitable photograph but want to remember the occasion. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. Postcard an excellent midpoint and I like the way you have used small paper pieces around the outside. I often end up with a strip I have cut off a 12 x 12 sheet and this is a great idea for using them up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the postcard. Looks like a beautiful place to visit. Love the design papers you used and the setup of all the elements.
    Hugs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  6. clever design around the post card looks very effective xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Rosalee and Janice for stopping by and leaving a comment. Ann x

    ReplyDelete