Wednesday, 30 January 2013

Sneaky Peek #2 using DT Kit for February

This is the second layout I have created using February's DT kit - full reveal week beginning 11th February.  Using cardstock as the main background for this layout, I created a page using very little patterned paper and instead used the Ranger Distress Ink Pad and a template to add some interest to the page.


This layout took me out of my comfort zone as I am so used to using patterned papers and using several different patterns to layer up.  Do you venture from your comfort zone when crafting or do you stick to what you are comfortable with?

Leave a comment on this post and I will enter your name into the blog candy draw (see rules).  Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

  1. Hi, been venturing out a lot since I started blogging and entering challenges. Sometimes they ask for things I wouldn't usually do and I think 'no, I won't' and then I think 'why not?' Sometimes it's ok, sometimes it's good, sometimes it's better. Overall I think everything is getting better. Be brave. Get off the sofa and try something new....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said. I think it is good to try different things as it broadens your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those teeny tiny hearts look adorable... and I'm all in favour of pushing outside your comfort zone - as long as it's because you feel the urge to explore, not because you feel you have to for fashion's sake or to keep up with the Joneses!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks nice from what I'm seeing. Can't wait to see the picture cause I'm loving the "shy" title.
    Hugs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I just found your blog as I've won the enrolmentfor the papercraft certificate. I guess I will be trying different techniques as part of that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tend to keep to the same format but do like to try new ideas usually need a push in the right direction though lols x

    ReplyDelete