Monday, 7 January 2013

The Nativity

This is the first layout I have created using the January DT kit.  The kit contains patterned papers from Echo Park 'For the Record 2 - Documented', cardstock in Nautical Blue (medium), Intense Kiwi and white.  The technique this month is using a Ranger Acrylic Paint Dabber in Snowcap.

 
I used the Blue Nautical cardstock for the base of this layout and layered up using white cardstock and strips of 'Borders' patterned paper.  I used the paint dabber to create the snowflakes (using a Tando Creative Snowflakes Mask) and to create a border for the middle of the layout.

I used American Crafts DIY Thickers for the title and added some gems from my own stash.  The kit contents can be found here.

If you leave a comment on this post today I will enter your name into the blog candy draw (if you qualify).  Thank you for stopping by.

9 comments:

  1. Lovely layout in Mary Blue! Love the snowflakes...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I've got you in my sidebar now!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely blue and the dabbers gave good definition through the mask

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it is not a traditional 'Christmas design paper' but when I saw the blue, I knew I had to scrap this photograph. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful l/o - the colours are so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely layout and a perfect reminder of how well the bairns do at their school plays

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheers Jaqi - I know they look so cute! Ann x

    ReplyDelete