Thursday, 28 February 2013

An 'Oops' Moment!

I had a bit of an 'Oops' moment on Tuesday when I emptied the washing machine and out tumbled my hubby's memory stick (with all his work stuff on) - Oops!!!  He had obviously left it in his jeans pocket (I usually check but in my defence I haven't been feeling too well the past few days), but this left me with a bit of a dilemma - confess or deny all knowledge!

I decided that honesty was the best policy and as soon as he came through the front door I 'fessed up.  Anyhow, he was brave enough to plug it into his laptop (think on - water and electricity!!!).

Question: can a memory stick survive a 45minute 40 degree wash cycle?

Answer: yes it can!

Phew! I don't know whether I was just lucky or whether there isn't really that much in these memory sticks that can be affected by water.

Warning: do not try this at home.

Just thought I would share this little moment with you as today is the last day to leave a comment for your chance to be entered into the blog candy draw.  Have you had a similar 'Oops Moment' - leave a comment to let me know.  Thanks for stopping by.  Pop back tomorrow to see who has been lucky enough to win the blog candy.

10 comments:

  1. Many years ago I left my wind up watch in my jeans and it got washed. It didn't work after the washing. Then one week later, cos I don't throw anything away unless certified dead, I looked at it and it was ticking away merrily. As you say, don't try this at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had that oops moment too, but then again who hasn't. At first I thought "OH NO" and I thought that I might have to get rid of it but a friend told me that if I let it dry out it'll work again. WooHoo! Boy was I happy for that. Thanks for sharing with us Ann.
    Hugs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by Rosalee and letting me know that you are part of this club as well!!! Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness! I am glad everything worked out. I can't think of a recent Oops moment, but I am sure I have had plenty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who would have thought that?! Only disasters I have washing wise(and you think I'd learn by now!)is leaving tissues up sleeves or in pockets-the amount of mess they can make is pretty disastrous!!Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Emily - thanks for joining in the blog candy draw by leaving a comment.

    Hi Chris - I do the tissue thing on a regular basis - it does makes such a mess! First (and hopefully last) time with the memory stick. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha ha love this but my oops! is a good one dropped company walkie talkie for security down the loo!!!! eeeeeeeeks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think jan.safc.73 oops wins! That made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete