Monday, 18 February 2013

Mother's Day - Gift Ideas

Mother's Day is fast approaching!  What are you going to give your Mother this year?  The usual flowers, chocolates or take her out for her lunch?    Any of these would be appreciated but just think how she would feel if you gave her a hand-made (by you) gift this year.

I know that many of you already make your own cards and they are very special in their own right but what about the present itself!

What about making her one of the gorgeous chipboard clocks from Tando Creative?  They can be made to your own deisgn and colours - you literally have a blank canvas to work with.  This is one I made a while ago using the Cuckoo Clock design:


It started out life as this chipboard kit:


As you can see - there are several different ways in which you could decorate this clock to suit your Mother's own personal taste.  It has a clock mechanism included, so it is functional as well as pretty.  The good thing is that it will be totally unique - just like your Mother!

Let me know if you make presents for your Mother on Mother's Day and what you make.  For every comment left, I will enter your name into the blog candy draw (if you qualify - see rules).  Thank you for taking the time to stop by today.

7 comments:

  1. Mum always appreciates the cards I make but I usually cop out and go for flowers or chocolate. Usually these occasions creep up on me and it's too late to make a complex project. Note to self *Be prepared*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for the clock. Unfortunately we no longer have our Mothers with us

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for a really individual gift!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea Ann its lovely, but I have made mini album with the kit I had bought at Harrogate show.Still got card to make though lol Janice xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Ann I was wondering if you can get memory keepers lucky 8 punches the large ones like the one Paulette had a couple of weeks ago there is lots of different designs great for scrapbooking. Hope you can thanks Janice xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will check this out and get back to you Janice. x

    ReplyDelete