Tuesday, 12 February 2013

My Shy Girl

Usng this month's DT kit of patterned papers from Fancy Pants 'The Good Life', co-ordinating cardstock and a Ranger Distress Ink Pad in Peacock Feathers, I have created this second layout.


I used Bazzill Aqua cardstock for the base and using a Tando Creative Hearts Background Mask and a Ranger Distress Ink Pad in Peacock Feathers added the little hearts design to the card.

This design was based on another of the PDQ pages in February/March edition of Scrap365 magazine (page 53) by Rebekah Day.  This layout really took me out of my comfort zone as I have used very little patterned paper (and no layers - apart from the photo mat).  This design reminds me of my very first layouts when I used to use cardstock as the main focus of my designs.

I added some tiny little punched hearts from some corrugated card, canvas sheet and black Dotted Swiss Pepper cardstock.  The little wooden heart buttons tied with string are from my own stash and the title and added sentiment is from Carta Bella 'Happy Little Moments' Element Stickers Sheet.

Overall, I am pleased with the finished layout as it matches the simplicity of the photograph.  If you leave a comment on this post today and you are a follower of this blog, I will enter your name into the blog candy draw.

Drop by tomorrow to see the first of three layouts created by Jules Dix (DT Member).  It will be Jules' final layouts, so don't miss those.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely lo, the hearts are just perfect! I have signed up as a follower and posted your picky on my blog(just learned how to do this) so would love a chance to win this fab candy! Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Chris - thanks for sharing about the blog candy too. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of the mask. Great LO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your lovely comments. Ann x

    ReplyDelete