Monday, 11 February 2013

Symi

This is the last month of the DT Kit and the end of the Design Team (ah!).   The whole idea behind the DT was to showcase products that everyone could buy in The Scrapbook Garden shop.  Since June last year the DT have been creating layouts for the monthly Mad Scrappers Club. 

From March, as we now have a full compliment of members, there will be no excess kits to buy from The Scrapbook Garden shop and the kit will be exclusively for members.

This final DT kit contains patterned papers from Fancy Pants called 'The Good Life' - Tokens, Labeled.  The cardstock colours are White, Aqua and Dotted Swiss Pepper (black).  This month's technique is using a Ranger Distress Ink Pad called Peacock Feathers.

This is the full reveal of the first sneaky peek I gave you last month and is called 'Symi:


I used one of the PDQ layouts from February/March edition of Scrap365 Magazine, which is in a brand new format this month.  This layout is based on Morag Cutts 'Love This' layout on page 55.
 
Using the patterned papers and cardstock from the DT kit and using a photograph of an island in Greece called 'Symi' I created this layout for this month's club.
 
I made a canvas journal card using some canvas sheet from a previous DT kit from June of last year.  I needed to create a couple of layouts fairly quickly and using ideas from this section of the magazine I was able to achieve this fairly easily.
 
When stuck for ideas or even in a hurry, scraplifting ideas is an excellent way to get your layouts done.  If you leave a comment on this post today (and you qualify) I will enter your name into the blog candy draw.  Thanks for stopping by today - pop back tomorrow and I will show you another layout I have done using this kit.

5 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful Ann. I love all the details. I agree with you with the scrap-lifting tip. Its my main way to scrapbook cause its so hard for me to come up with ideas. I prefer Card-making.
    Hugs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely layout , colours are great, Id never scraplifted ideas before until we covered it in the design team, it felt strange at first but i can see how it can help some people and be very useful. Thanks for letting me be part of the design team while it lasted ive had fun and really enjoyed working with all the lovely products , good luck with the club , hope it continues to grow , have fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jaqi - it has been a pleasure working with you and Jules. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on having a full membership for your scrapbook kits. Hope you will continue to share your inspiring layouts

    ReplyDelete