Friday, 8 March 2013

Calendar 2013: August

The next month in the 2013 Calendar I have to show you is August.  This month I used some freebie paper I got from the Scrapbook Magazine for getting the 'Trainee Dog Walker' layout printed in their magazine.

 
The patterned papers are from the Kaisercraft 'Secret Admirer' range and I thought this perfect for this photograph of my daughter and her family (minus Lucy who is taking this photo).
 
I added a doily and Tando chipboard birds along with some gems and title made from Thickers and alphabet stickers from my own stash.  The butterfly I cut using the BigShot and Sizzix Butterfly #12 Die, to which I added some little gems.

I had to remember not to add too much depth to the calendar pages so as not to make it too bulky when finished - remember it has to hang up!  Have you made yourself a hand-made calendar this year?  Leave a comment to let me know and if you are a follower and you qualify, I will enter your name into the draw.  Don't miss out, become a follower and leave a comment.  Thanks for stopping by today.

9 comments:

  1. I made a little heart mini calendar book but it ended up quite fat because of embellies. I gave it to my sister in law and she loves it. Those are lovely papers you have used on this page

    ReplyDelete
  2. This year is just going way to fast for me & I haven't had much time to craft :-( but, when I do get a bit of time a home made calendar for next year will be one of my 1st projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ionabunny and Disco Queen - thanks for stopping by. That heart calendar sounds cute ionabunny - I know what you mean about the embellies. The first one I ever made was huge! That is why I am careful now with what I add. Homemade calendars are lovely presents - the trick is to start early. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You are really banging these out. This page is gorgeous!! I haven't made a calendar this year. I don't really use calendars, but I am figuring out that maybe my husband needs one to keep track of things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Emily - they don't take long as they are not a 12x12 lo and the embellies have to be kept to a minimum really. I probably put more on this one than the rest. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very good Ann, mine is still in progress lols xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Janice - bring it along next week. Linda has finished hers and she has agreed to me taking some photos to put in the gallery, blog and fb page. You may get some inspiration from seeing what others have done. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Finally caught up with myself and have now got the new Candy on my sidebar! I know I won't qualify for today's comment - as I'm a day late, but wanted to let you know I'm in for the fabulous Andy Skinner masks!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Alison - I will give you an extra entry into the blog for adding about the blog candy on your sidebar. Thanks. Ann x

    ReplyDelete