Wednesday, 6 March 2013

Calendar 2013: February

For February's page I used some of the fabulous patterned paper from Teresa Collins Far and Away Collection pack (this was left over from the 'Valletta' layout I posted last week).

 
I used a photograph from my recent trip to Malta showing Sliema Harbour.  The sentiments are from a sheet of the patterned paper in the kit and the pearl gems are from my own stash.


The close-up shows the page in more detail.  I always use an ink pad and ink blending tool to ink all edges of patterned papers and sentiments to give a more cohesive finish to the layout.

If you leave a comment and you are a follower (see rules) you will get an entry into the blog candy draw for a chance to win the fab Andy Skinner Masks.    Tomorrow I will show what I did with April's page.  Thanks for popping by today.

8 comments:

  1. This is cool! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip about paper edges. I did my first full sized LO the other day and must admit it could be addictive......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by Emily - another entry into the draw. Ann x

    Hi ionabunny - anytime you want to share your layouts let me know. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these papers Ann. your layouts look fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Janice and Glennis. x

    Janice - wait until you see the little album made with these papers! Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only LO I've done is at my blog http://craftynomad.blogspot.no/2013/03/swayambhunath-stupa.html
    If you have time would love to know what you think. I always check back on the comments I have made here and appreciate that you try and answer or make a comment back. Thank you for that, it's so nice you take that time. I must try harder to acknowledge comments on my blog, although I always respond to direct questions. Thanks for a great blog. I always enjoy my visits.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ionabunny - sorry I missed this entry. I am catching up with back comments today and found this. The first thing that I noticed about your layout is that it is very colourful and striking. I love the handmade bunting/flags and the personal touch of the stamp. Scrapbooking is fabulous in that it can take you back to those memories when creating the pages. Keep up the scrapbooking - I think it's good for the soul. Ann x

    ReplyDelete