Saturday, 16 March 2013

Starting Out in Life

Another layout I created using the Scrap365 sketch challenge for March using a black and white theme this time:



This is this the sketch:


I used black and white patterned papers from Delish Designs - so classy and timeless!  I have used this patterned paper on several different layouts and they always look great.  I added a splash of colour with some red cardstock punching out some little hearts and making some 'roses'.  You will have noticed too that I have added the Prima Engraver Mini Swirls (another favourite now).  I wasn't going to enter this one in the challenge, I just liked the layout and changed it slightly for this page.

Do you have a favourite patterned paper, embellishment etc., that you like to use over and over?  Leave a comment and let me know.  Thanks for popping by today.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Ann, another lovely LO. I love the Crafty Individuals Background papers. Such good quality and reasonable price. Only 6x6 but you have shown you can make them look larger by placing correctly in the layers. My Minds Eye and Bo Bunny are also firm favourites. The new chronology range from DOcrafts is also very nice at a reasonable price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ionabunny - there are lots of lovely patterned papers out there it is hard to choose what to stock. Next week I will have some MME patterned papers, co-ordinating cardstock, matching journal card and title, all in one pack ready to make up. It is difficult sometimes making the cardstock and patterned papers match but Bazzill Matchmaker helps. Thanks for stopping by. Have a lovely weekend. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the b&w is so cool - gorgeous stuff! I love metal embellishments of all sorts, but especially clocks and gears, and the paper flowers I found at The Range for a song make their way onto quite a lot of projects!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. great layout will have to try it out. Really like the black and white colour scheme

    visit my blog for free blog candy
    http://dawnthecrafter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for your comments on this lo. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  6. black and white is always so elegant - I like the pop of colour

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Glennis - I thought it needed something else, so I added the colour in the roses and little hearts. Ann x

    ReplyDelete