Wednesday, 10 April 2013

April's Kit: Fun in the Sun

This is the full reveal of the 'sneaky peek' I gave last week.  I used April's kit of Glitz Design 'Uncharted Waters' patterned papers - Scallop, Bits & Pieces and Anchors, along with Vanilla Cream and Blackbird cardstock.  The technique this month is using one of the fab new Glitz Design Tiny Roller Doodles - Anchors.


I used the Blackbird cardstock as the base (gut out the middle if you want to save cardstock) and layered this with the Vanilla cardstock.  This was then layered up with Scallop, Anchors and Bits & Pieces patterned papers.

I made the pinwheel using an old template I have had for many years, adding a paper covered brad in the centre to give a co-ordinated look.  I used the Roller Doodle to add the anchor image to a piece of Scallop patterned paper (used reverse side).  I made some banners, added buttons and the title to finish.

This kit is available to buy here and includes instructions for two layouts (this one and the one I have shown previously called 'You').  Not all the elements shown on this layout are included in the kit (the buttons and title alphas are from my own stash).

Thanks for stopping by today.  If you are a follower and you leave a comment on this post (today only) you will be entered into the blog candy draw.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Ann, Love it! especially the little pinwheel. Does it spin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Disco Queen - actually it does! Thanks for stopping by. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice bright orange. Make me think summer. Still waiting for spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ionabunny - the paper is actually yellow but it looks more orangey in this photograph. I know what you mean - roll on Summer! Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ann had a great time tonite at the mad scrappers club. I think your challenge was good fun. The papers and technique were great to use. Thanks for your hardwork xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janice - glad you enjoyed it. I have never known you all to be so quiet! I loved this paper range too and there are loads of lovely layouts to post. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colours on this layout - fun and sunny!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete