Monday, 22 April 2013

Creating Titles

Creating Titles for scrapbook pages can be made easy by buying ready made alphabets, either Thickers or alphabet stickers of some description (there are lots out there).  There is the option of course of cutting your own if you are lucky enough to own either a electronic or manual die-cutting machine.

I suppose it depends really on what effect you are trying to achieve on your layout.  Recently, I have been using a mixture of different alphabet fonts for my titles by introducing small alphas into the mix along with larger letters to emphasise a main word in my title.

American Crafts Thickers come in a variety of fonts - these DIY Thickers can be coloured to whatever shade you need.

These Prima Tiny Alphabet Stickers also contain some words and phrases.
 
My Mind's Eye have some fab Lush Chipboard Alphas

 
Add a bit of 'bling' with glittered alphabet stickers!
 
Whatever font or type of alphabet you use for your title ... the next step is choosing the correct title for your layout ... now that is really another discussion!
 
What alphabet font or type do you use on your layouts?  Do you die-cut your own?  If so, do you change your fonts according to your layout?  Many questions I know but leave a comment and let me know.  Thanks for stopping by today.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Ann, I have a number of alphabet dies that I use although it can be a bit fiddly glueing all the individual letters. I like the mixed fonts I have been seeing around where people mix sizes and colours on their phrases. I don't tend to use words so much on my work but I am coming around to the idea and on the look out for great sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a complete alphabet-aholic! I have lots of TH Alpha Parts, the WordPlay die, a couple of the Decorative Strip Die alphabets, many many alphabet stamps of various fonts and sizes... but then I'm a word-aholic too! I like the look of some of these too...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use all types of alphabets and fonts depends on layout working on.
    my fav die is a sizzix one that I havw . xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ann, I love the American Craft Thickers for canvases & art journalling. For cards & scrapbook pages I mainly use my alphabet stamps. As I have mentioned before I am a bit of a stamp junkie. I also use digi stamps & digi kit alphabets. I have never thought of using my silhouette though, but will give this a go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for stopping by and leaving comments.

    I am glad that this little discussion has inspired you Disco Queen to try your silhouette to create your titles. Ann x

    ReplyDelete