Tuesday, 23 April 2013

Scrap 365 Sketch Challenge for May

I entered the Scrap 365 Sketch Challenge last month and enjoyed the process so I have decided to give it another go with this fab sketch for May:

 
This sketch is based on a layout by Gabrielle Pollacco and I loved it when I first saw it!


This is my entry using this sketch.  I used Prima Rondelle 'Pavanne' for the base - layered onto some Bazzill Blackbird cardstock.  I layered this up using Prima Rondelle 'Sovienne' patterned paper (used reverse side) and paper doilies.

The chipboard bird cage and wrought iron gate are from Tando Creative, which I covered with silver acrylic paint and then dabbed over with a Ranger Distress Ink Pad in Black Soot.  I covered the chipboard bird with some of the patterned paper and die-cut a butterfly using a Sizzix Die.  The roses are die-cut using a 3D Flowers Sizzix Bigz Die and the swirl is from the Prima Engraver range.

This is a really lovely layout to create - why not give it a go!  Thanks for stopping by today.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Ann, Love this sketch! I also love the way you have made it your own, especially using one of the photo spaces for the title. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Disco Queen - just glad that I inspire! Thanks for stopping by. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a really lovely layout Ann, particularly like the bird cage. Gorgeous photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Gillian. The sketch was the inspiration. Thanks for stopping by. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! You make using sketches seem a little less scary. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Crafting Newbie - there is nothing to be scared about. Just use the sketches as a starting point and put your own interpretation on it. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lovely interpretation of that great sketch. Love the birdcage

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks ionabunny - I enjoyed creating this one. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful LO. Live how you did the bird cage and the gate. Awesome take on the sketch.

    Lori S.

    ReplyDelete