Friday, 3 May 2013

Buttons, buttons and more buttons!

This month in our scrapbook club kit we have some fabulous Teresa Collins 'Stationery Noted' Decorative Buttons (which are gorgeous) and it got me thinking about all the layouts I have done that include buttons.

I think buttons are one of the best things you can add to layouts (and cards for that matter) and I thought I would share some past layouts (apologies if you have seen them before) on how to use buttons to great effect.

You can use buttons in the middle of a flower or in this case a rosette!
 
You can use buttons to add to banner shapes to add dimension!
 
Another layout using buttons for centres of flowers - with added string in the centres!
 
On this Christmas layout I used the buttons to decorate the Christmas Tree shape and to add to the banners!
 
Other things you can do with buttons:
  • place on a flap of an envelope to decorate a simple page element
  • add a button to a ribbon border
  • create a bullet list for journaling (use the buttons as the bullets)
  • use an antique, vintage or unusual button on its own as an individual decoration
  • double mat the button to add extra dimension
  • use buttons in a title - to dot the i's or use instead of the letter o
  • create a shape - circle or heart
I am sure you can think of other ways that you can use buttons.  If you have a favourite layout or card or any project that you have created using buttons, take a photograph and send it to me and I will feature it on this blog.
 
It is National Scrapbooking Day tomorrow - pop back on the blog and FB as I have some little giveaways (shhh - said too much already!).  See you tomorrow - thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

  1. Love all your button ideas - I use them quite a bit on my cards as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Glennis - I love buttons! I think they look cute on cards and give that little bit extra dimension to a project. Thanks for stopping by. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ann, I love buttons. I only use them on very special cards though as I hate to part with them ;-)
    Also I'd just like to say 'Good for you' for celebrating National Scrapbooking Day. It would be fabulous to have an International Day or UK day, but until them I'm all for joining the American's in their celebrations. Looking forward to a day of inspirational posts. Theresa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Theresa I hope you will join in tomorrow as I am having a day of giveaways - starting at 9.00 a.m. then every hour after that until 4.00 p.m. It will only be open to UK addresses though as postage costs are too high to post anywhere else at this volume. See you then. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buttons are so much fun but I do worry that they are going to come adrift as I do not use page protectors in my albums. Do you think glossy accents is the best product to use? I would appreciate bloggers opinions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gillian - Glossy Accents should keep them in place ok. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Buttons are so much fun! These are great layouts!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Emily. They aren't new ones just some to demonstrate using buttons. Thanks for stopping by. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to see the button ideas. I have a lot of buttons and really should pull them out more often

    ReplyDelete