I think buttons are one of the best things you can add to layouts (and cards for that matter) and I thought I would share some past layouts (apologies if you have seen them before) on how to use buttons to great effect.
You can use buttons in the middle of a flower or in this case a rosette!
You can use buttons to add to banner shapes to add dimension!
Another layout using buttons for centres of flowers - with added string in the centres!
On this Christmas layout I used the buttons to decorate the Christmas Tree shape and to add to the banners!
Other things you can do with buttons:
- place on a flap of an envelope to decorate a simple page element
- add a button to a ribbon border
- create a bullet list for journaling (use the buttons as the bullets)
- use an antique, vintage or unusual button on its own as an individual decoration
- double mat the button to add extra dimension
- use buttons in a title - to dot the i's or use instead of the letter o
- create a shape - circle or heart
I am sure you can think of other ways that you can use buttons. If you have a favourite layout or card or any project that you have created using buttons, take a photograph and send it to me and I will feature it on this blog.
It is National Scrapbooking Day tomorrow - pop back on the blog and FB as I have some little giveaways (shhh - said too much already!). See you tomorrow - thanks for stopping by.