Monday, 6 May 2013

May Kit: Lets Dance

I showed a sneaky little peek of this layout last week - so now is the time to reveal all!  Using the fab Teresa Collins patterned papers from the 'Stationery Noted' collection called Poppies and Polaroids, along with Bazzill Prism Cardstock in White and Gray and Bazzill Maraschino and the gorgeous Teresa Collins 'Stationery Noted' Decorative Buttons - this is what I came up with.


I used a photograph of my youngest daughter for this layout (from her dancing days) and a sketch from Scrap365 Magazine (Morag Cutts, May 2012, page 70), as I wanted to do something different with the buttons.

I had the idea of cutting my paper into a shape, so when I saw this sketch, this fitted the bill perfectly.  I adapted the sketch to suit as the original one had two photographs.  The tag is tucked under the photo at the top and can be taken out (when unwound from the button above).  The tag gives room to add some journaling without it being on show.  The rosette was cut on the BigShot using some of the Poppies patterned paper.  The title is alpha stickers from Fancy Pants 'Country Boutique' range.

Leave a comment to let me know that you have passed by this way and if you are a follower, I will enter your name into the blog candy draw for this month.  Best of luck!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Ann, I love the way the journalling tag is attached securely via the thread & 2 buttons. Now there is no worries about it going missing, but it is still hidden. Love this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Disco Queen, those buttons/tag are great. I like the way the top looks like an envelope flap. Lovely LO

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is Beautiful. I love the shape and layout of it. Wonderful job. Love it!!! I am a follower too. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh! This is fabulous! I love the polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Emily - I must admit I love Polka Dots too. This is one of my fav collections from TC so far (apart from Far & Away) this year. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to working with this range, red and polka dots - a winning combination.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gillian - I love this range. Looking forward to the club on Wednesday. Thanks for stopping by. Ann x

    ReplyDelete