Tuesday, 7 May 2013

May Kit: Summer

This is the full reveal of the second of the sneaky peeks I showed last week using this month's scrapbook club kit.  The kit contains patterned papers (Poppies and Polaroids) from the Teresa Collins 'Stationery Noted' collection, co-ordinating cardstock and decorative buttons.  The kit can be found here.


I used Bazzill Prismatic Gray cardstock for the base (gutted out the centre), layered this with Bazzill Prismatic White cardstock, then Poppies patterned paper (used reverse side).  I then added another piece of Gray cardstock (from the gutted middle) and used the fab 'Polaroids' patterned paper to create the block pattern around the photograph.  I added the banner shaped chipboard buttons to each piece by sewing through them.  The title will have the year added when I can pinpoint the year (will have to ask my daughter). 

The scrapbook club meets tomorrow night and hopefully, I will have some other layouts to share with you from Thursday onwards on what the club members created.

Leave a comment to let me know that you have passed by this way and if you are a follower, you will be entered into the blog candy draw for this month.  Thank you.

8 comments:

  1. That photo is perfect for the patterned papers Ann, it is such a clean, precise layout, just my cup of tea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gillian. I am busy typing up the instructions for the layouts for tomorrow night. A bit later than usual I know (blame the Bank Holiday weekend). See you tomorrow. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ann, Not what I expected at all! You have definitely got me thinking outside the box. I see Polaroid frames & feel I have to fill them with photos ;-) I love the way the patterned papers reflect the colours & patterns in your photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Disco Queen - I deliberately wanted to use the Polaroid cards as journal cards but not hide them. This way I have plenty of room on the layout to add journaling. Glad I got you thinking. Thanks for stopping by. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Teresa Collin's paper! Fabulous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun scrapping with the club

    ReplyDelete