Saturday, 15 June 2013

70's babe

This is the second layout I have created with this months scrapbook kit of Bo Bunny Mama-Razzi2 patterned papers, Bazzill cardstock in Espresso, Yam and Walnut Cream, Prima Wooden Icons (cameras) and Prima Chalk Ink Edger.


The photograph is a polaroid from 1978 as I wanted to create a retro look for this layout using the remainder of the patterned papers from the kit.  I remember that brown and orange was a fashionable combination then and I was delighted when I came across this photograph of my youngest daughter as it was perfect for these papers!

I layered up the Espresso, Yam and Walnut Cream cardstock (gutting out the middles of the first two colours), before adding sections of the 'Contrast' patterned papers.  I inked up the wooden camera icon using the chalk ink edger as before and added Mama-Razzi2 Rub-ons around the outside of the Walnut Cream cardstock.  The title is American Crafts Thickers.

I have one scrapbook kit available to buy and it is available here.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by today.  Please leave a comment so that I know you have passed by this way.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ann, I'm just in the middle of creating a Father's Day banner & have also chosen retro papers with a brown & orange colour scheme. It's funny how some colour combos bring back so many memories of a particular time. I will try to keep this in mind next time I create a layout, as I tend to pick what's on trend at the time I create the page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous layout Ann. The photo of your daughter is so cute & I love the giant teddy behind her. My daughter had one very simular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great LO Ann. Love all the layers and the negative strip is a nice touch. Was looking for some of those the other day. The age of digital is making them obsolete....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments ladies. It's lovely to scrap a photo that brings back so many happy memories. My sister bought her this massive big teddy. I love the old polaroid photos - they are so on trend at the moment too. Thanks for stopping by. Ann x

    ReplyDelete