Monday, 29 July 2013

Brag Book: 60th Birthday

I have completed some more pages of my Fancy Pants Brag Book and thought I would share with you what I have created for my DH 60th Birthday in January.

I used a clock stamp for the first page and included 'time' related sayings around the outside. 

 
On the second page I added a cork shaped arrow, rub-ons, die-cut shapes and a journal card - tucked under the photograph.
 
 
On this page I used a Tando Creative Dotted Star Mask using Distress Ink and die-cut shapes to create my own design on the Kraft page.  The Kraft paper is the perfect background to create your own designs.

 
I added some smaller photographs, rub-ons and die-cuts to create this final page.
 
Obviously, this Brag Book is a work in progress and I love the way I can just dip in and out and create whatever pages I want.  This Brag Book is perfect for those crafter's who like to create their own background pages and want to add some 'art work' of their own to make this a truly personal journal.
 
Details of the Fancy Pants Brag Book can be found here and the die-cut sheets (part of a paper collection) can be found here.
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Please leave a comment so that I know you have passed by this way.

10 comments:

  1. You have been very busy - another lovely project

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Glennis - I am really enjoying creating this as it doesn't take as long as the usual 12x12 layouts I make. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great gift, u will have to make sure you don't mix your books up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gillian - this is one Brag Book. I have created these pages for January. I am not making a new book for each occasion - just using it as a year book really. The book has 12 sections (1 section for each month if you want). The latest holiday is in July section, this birthday is in January, along with the holiday pages for Malta (when I finish them). This is why I love this as you can mix and match. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! This looks so fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a really great idea Ann, can't wait to see it in the flesh, it's like 12 little albums in one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing, not sure I am that creative with backgrounds

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karen - remember the pink feathers? now that's creative! Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the kraft pages and how you have decorated. It's great to have the different sections. What a nice memory for the year

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well we all have the odd moment! Not sure you could cope with me that far outside the box!

    ReplyDelete