Thursday, 25 July 2013

Brag Book: Holiday Pages

I have completed a couple of Brag Book pages from my recent holiday to Norway and thought you might want to see what I have created:

The first couple of pages are from Flam, Norway and include photographs from the Museum showing an old railway engine.


I used a SMASH* Calendar Pocket to keep a map of Flam, a journal card and details from the evening entertainment on the ship - all safely cocooned in it's own pocket - a great idea!

I added details to the photographs by adding some SMASH* Calendar Tape - a great way to add details and dates to photographs without adding too much bulk to the pages.

The next couple of pages are from our visit to Geiranger, where we visited the Norwegian Fjord Centre.  The weather wasn't great on this day, so I bought a couple of postcards that shows the area when it is sunny and bright.


For these pages I used another SMASH* Calendar Pocket (they are just great for keeping memorabilia together in one place) - adding a map of the area and a journal card.  I added some Washi Tape to the corners of one of the postcards to add some decoration.

I have started on another couple of pages using the Calendar Pockets to keep this section in the Brag Book looking similar in design.  Once I have completed them I will post to share with you.

This is the first time I have attempted this kind of scrapbooking style and it is so different from the usual 12x12 size that I take ages creating.  This system is really 'Smash it in' and is so quick and simple compared to the way of scrapbooking I have become accustomed to.  Still, I am enjoying the experience of doing something different.

Have you tried this SMASH* type of scrapbooking?  Leave me a comment and I will enter your name into the Blog Candy draw for this month.  Thanks for taking the time to stop by.

7 comments:

  1. These look fabulous, I cannot wait to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just getting into LO but your book looks great. I always buy some postcards in case my photos aren't up to scratch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Those are fabulous pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ann, just posted a LO including one of my own memories of Norway. The village to the top right of the lamb is where I live and our house is just falling off the RHS. Would love to know what you think if you have time to visit. http://craftynomad.blogspot.no/2013/07/a-very-special-lamb.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi ionabunny - I have been and visited your blog. Love the layout - the photograph is priceless! Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ann, thanks for the visit and the lovely comments. I still find it a challenge to interpret a sketch so thanks for saying I did a good job. I am sure it will get easier the more I do. I learn a lot from your lovely blog so thanks so much for the time you put in and sharing all your tips and techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Gail - it is lovely to feel appreciated. Ann x

    ReplyDelete