Friday, 12 July 2013

Celebrate

This is the second reveal of the sneaky peeks I showed you the other day using this month's scrapbook kit of Basic Grey Mint Julep patterned papers.  The kit also included co-ordinating cardstock and a Tando Creative 6x6 dotted Star Mask.


For this layout I used Bazzill Espresso cardstock as the base and added corner patterns and star (from the Mask) using a Chalk Ink Pad.  I then layered this up with pieces of Carolina and Alvina patterned paper.  The strips at the top and bottom left of the layout are from the manufacturers strip (along the bottom of the actual paper), to which I added some banner shapes and buttons.

I added a die-cut vintage lace strip along the bottom edge of the Carolina patterned paper and added a die-cut rosette to the left hand side (both cut from Elaine patterned paper).  I added the photograph (leaving the right hand side open for the tag).  I made a journal tag from a piece of Carolina patterned paper, added eyelets and embroidery thread to finish.

I cut a small photograph of some '18' balloons into a 2" circle and added it to the centre of the star, overlapping the patterned paper slightly.  The title is made from Blossom cardstock and some co-ordinating colour cardstock from my own stash and it is cut on the Cricut to create a shadow effect.

Thanks for stopping by today - if you leave a comment and you are a blog follower, I will enter your name into the draw for this month.

9 comments:

  1. Love this, great LO xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jan - very kind to leave a comment. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, I love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ann, I love the way you cut the photo of the 18 balloon & placed it in the inked star. Fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great layout! I love that pretty paper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The masked star shape is really effective, fab layout

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. Ann x

    ReplyDelete