Thursday, 11 July 2013

Happy (18) Birthday

This is the full reveal of the sneaky peek I showed you the other day using this month's scrapbook kit of  Basic Grey 'Mint Julep' patterned papers of Elaine, Alvina and Carolina, along with Bazzill Cardstock Blossom, Espresso and Cream Puff.  The kit also included a 6x6 Tando Creative Dotted Star Mask.


I used Bazzill Blossom cardstock as the base and gutted out the middle (to use on another project).  I then layered this with the Cream Puff cardstock and pieces of Carolina and Alvina patterned papers.  I added a die-cut vintage lace border along the left hand edge before adding a piece of Alvina paper (reverse side is brown) and used the Dotted Star Mask and a Chalk Ink Pad to add the dotted corner feature.

I added the photograph, leaving the left hand side open for the '18' journal tag to sit inside.  I made some banner shapes, added eyelets and some embroidery thread to make the 'Happy' banner and added the word 'birthday' using alpha stickers.  All that was left to do was add the rosette to the top left of the banner to finish.

I will reveal the second sneaky peek tomorrow with some details on how I put the layout together.  Leave a comment to let me know that you have passed by this way.  If you are a blog follower I will enter your name into the draw for this month.  Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments: