Wednesday, 24 July 2013

'Have a Smashing Time' Workshop: Update

I thought I would update you on our next Scrapbook Saturday event called 'Have a Smashing Time Workshop' on Saturday 31st August 2013.  The ladies attending the workshop will be creating with a Fancy Pants Brag Book that starts life like this:


With some self adhesive Fabric Paper (from my own stash), White and Black Lace Borders, Basically Bare chipboard Camera and Prima SIIC Arrows, I have created the front cover:


I wanted to create a Vintage style cover for 'My Journey 2013', which includes a record of my life (including some really special dates this year) starting from January until the end of December (will include Christmas).


Another view of the brag book.  At least I have made a start and what better way than to start with the cover.  There are 12 sections to the book (one section for each month of the year) and I intend to start with July as I have just returned from holiday and the memories are still vivid.  I have lots of lovely memories to record this year .. husband's 60th Birthday in January, holiday to Malta, Family Christening, Granddaughter's 18th Birthday ..... plus loads more to record.  Now I have made a start on the cover, I can start to plan out the journal for the remainder of the year and hopefully have quite a lot of it completed to show the ladies at Mad Scrappers to give them ideas for their brag books.

Starting a new project sometimes seems a bit daunting, especially as I am going back over 6 months to complete the first half of this year.  Luckily, I have a record of what has happened here on this blog and Facebook, so it won't be difficult to remember.

I will show some updates, as and when I have them completed.  Please leave a comment so that I know you have passed by this way.  Thanks for stopping by today.

5 comments:

  1. Really looking forward to it! Can't decide if I am doing a 40th birthday book or holidays from 2013???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't decide either yet what to use my album for, will have to put thinking cap on. Really like your pink and black colour combination though

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen & Gillian - wasn't really sure about this cover as it wasn't what I had in mind when I started it but it's growing on me. I may add to it before I finish it though! Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh! I love the new cover! Gorgeous paper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cover. Look forward to your updates

    ReplyDelete