Sunday, 21 July 2013

Scrapbook Magazine: Budget Challenge

I entered the Scrapbook Magazine's Budget Challenge recently and this was featured in this month's edition (Issue 74).  The challenge was to create three layouts using only the materials you can buy for £10, plus basics such as adhesive and scissors.  This might sound quite easy on the face of it but to someone who likes to use the BigShot die-cutting machine, this was trickier than anticipated.

The 3 layouts were created using Bo Bunny Isabella patterned papers, grey and white cardstock, Bo Bunny Isabella Sticker Sheet and some gems.

 
On this layout '2 today' I used some of the patterned paper to cut out a journal card to tuck behind the photograph, cut banner shapes and made some 'roses' (using an egg cup to draw around then cut into it, creating a spiral - then securing the base with some Range Glossy Accents).
 

On this layout 'Princess' I fussy cut the butterflies and doilies from another sheet of the Isabella patterned papers.  I created the titles for all three layouts using the alphabet stickers from the Isabella Sticker Sheet.


For the 'Gorgeous Bar Menu' I used the base of a cake tin to draw around for the circle shape.  I made my own layered embellishments using stickers and cut out shapes and I used double sided tape to give them dimension.

I created these three layouts way back in April and I have had to wait until now before I could show them.  All the patterned papers I have used in the layouts can be purchased from The Scrapbook Garden and you can find them here.

Leave a comment so that I know you have passed by this way.  Thanks for stopping by today.

7 comments:

  1. Fantastic layouts. Especially like the first one. The mid tone colours of the background really make those hot pinks pop. My big shot is in daily use so I think this is actually a bigger challenge than it first appears. Well done you and published as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers ionabunny. I enjoyed doing this challenge as it makes you think about what you can actually spend to keep within budget. I found that you can make layouts without resorting to using 'tools' such as the BigShot, punches etc. It was really back to basics stuff but it can be done. Thanks for stopping by. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done on getting published Ann. beautiful layouts:)
    Heather.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers Heather. I love this Bo Bunny paper range - so not difficult to create lovely layouts. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on getting published! Loved the colours and the embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on keeping within the price - it must have been difficult

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Ann, haven't read my magazine yet but looking forward to seeing them in print

    ReplyDelete