Thursday, 8 August 2013

Layout: Splash

I thought I would have a go at this month's Scrap365 Sketch Challenge as I didn't get chance last month.  The sketch is based on a layout by Rebekah Day and is featured on page 27 of the August/September edition of the magazine.

Here is the sketch:


I used patterned papers from this month's Mad Scrappers Kit: Fancy Pants 'What a Wonderful Day', co-ordinating cardstock and self-adhesive cork sheet.  This is my interpretation of the sketch:


I cut the arrow shape from the cork sheet using a Sizzix Die (Arrows #2) and the BigShot.  I used a smaller photograph than suggested in the sketch and added my own little 'extras' in the shape of a die-cut rosette, the cork arrow and the 'Fancy Pants Label Stickers'.

I added some 'splashes' by spraying the white cardstock with Mister Huey's Colour Mists in Sherbet.  The title is American Crafts DIY Thickers (Sprinkles), which I also sprayed with the Colour Mist.

I enjoyed creating this layout using the sketch and hopefully will get this into the challenge in time!  Thanks for stopping by today.

8 comments:

  1. I managed to get this in the challenge in time! I don't really expect to win but I enjoy taking part and that is what it is all about. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your LO and I may have a go at that fabulous sketch!
    xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jan. It is a fab sketch - go along to the Scrap365 sketch challenge website and see what the designers and others have made using this sketch. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that swirly arrow is fantastic, fab layout Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Gillian. I have a Sizzix Die for the arrow. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun! What a great summer layout!I love the use of Mr. Huey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your papers are wonderful and I love the arrow. That cork seems to go with everything.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Emily and ionabunny for your lovely comments. I love the cork sheets - so easy to cut into shapes. The arrows are so on trend at the moment - lots of manufacturers have arrows somewhere in their collections. Ann x

    ReplyDelete