Thursday, 26 September 2013

A Bugs Life

This is the second reveal of the sneaky peeks I showed about 2 weeks ago.  Using the Mad Scrappers Club kit of  MME Kate & Co. Oxford Lane patterned papers, co-ordinating cardstock and the technique of stamping on acetate using a Midnight Blue StazOn Ink Pad - this is what I created.


For this layout I used a sketch from Sketch Savvy.  I used Bazzill Lime Crush for the base and layered this with Bazzill Avalanche.  I layered both 'Floral Burst' and 'Fresh' patterned papers onto the layered cardstock, and matted my photograph onto some of the Lime Crush cardstock.

Both journal cards are cut from 'Enjoy' patterned paper and the title is American Crafts Thickers (inked with the StazOn ink pad).  I inked a butterfly stamp with the StazOn ink pad and stamped onto the white cardstock and the acetate.  I cut around the butterfly wings on the acetate and adhered them to the layout using a tiny amount of Glossy Accents on the body of the butterfly.

We had our second club night last night, where we welcomed 6 new members!  Some lovely stamping on acetate going on, but like the first club night, some members have taken longer to create with the kit this month.  I will show some finished ones in the next few days.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Leave a comment so that I know you have passed by this way.

6 comments:

  1. What a great LO. Very unusual photo. Glad to hear the club is growing and looking forward to seeing some makes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun layout! Love the patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely layout Ann, had a really good time at class last night

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful lay out Ann pleased to hear you are having good response for the 2nd class and your success. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Janice - it takes hard work and determination to get this far but I love it! Ann x

    ReplyDelete