Tuesday, 24 September 2013

Beauty

The Scrap365 Sketch Challenge for October is this sketch by Lisa Saunders:


I decided to give this one a try and using MME Find Your Wings and Fly 'Up and Away' patterned papers, created this layout that I am entering into this sketch challenge.


I used a photograph of my Granddaughter and her friends, all dressed up in their 'Prom dresses' for their 6th Form Prom this Summer.  I used Bazzill Two Scoops 'Watermelon Sherbet' cardstock for the base and layered this with MME patterned paper called 'Be Awesome' from the Find Your Wings and Fly range.  I added some strips of paper Lace Borders (which I coloured pink) to the top and bottom of the layout.  I inked up some paper doilies and tucked them under the matted photograph.  The journal card is cut from another patterned paper from the same range called 'Always' and this was matted onto some of the cardstock and tucked behind the photograph.

The flowers are Prima paper flowers (from way back), to which I added a button and gem to the centre.  MME patterned papers, Lace Borders and Bazzill Two Scoops cardstock can be found HERE.

Have you tried this sketch challenge yet?  Give it a go!  Thanks for stopping by today.  Leave a comment so that I know you have passed by this way.

8 comments:

  1. Oh this is so pretty!! What gorgeous detail to go with those gorgeous girls...there is nothing quite like getting dressed up :) Thank you so much for joining us at Sketchbook365, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely 'girly' layout, the colours are perfect for the gorgeous photo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic LO Ann. I took a bit of time studying all your lovely details. Fab

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ann, Please do not count me in this month's drawing. I just had to comment as your LO is stunning! I love the way you included the circles from the sketch, but in a very subtle way. Theresa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't visited in a while. Life has been so crazy. Lovely layout! That is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all your lovely comments. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work Ann, gorgeous papers luv pinky girly pics too xxx

    ReplyDelete