Thursday, 19 September 2013

Christmas at Lumley Castle

The Mad Scrappers Club will be going to Lumley Castle for their Christmas Night out.  "The castle is more than 600 years old and it's magnificent site dominates the County Durham landscape.  Surrounded by beautiful parklands overlooking the River Wear and Durham County Cricket Ground, Lumley Castle is a magnificent monument to a bygone age of chivalry and honour" (description taken from their website).


We will be eating a four-course feast with fine wine and entertainment by the Lords and Ladies of the Court of Lumley.


This is the magnificent Barons Hall, where we will be dining.  I know it's 3 month's away but I cannot wait!  It has been years since I have been here and I am looking forward to spending a lovely evening with the ladies from our club.  I am sure we will get chance to take some fab photo's (for scrapping of course).

Thanks for stopping by today.  Please leave a comment to let me know you have passed by this way.

6 comments:

  1. It will be here before we know it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true Gillian - I think it's frightening how quickly this year has gone so far! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, I missed post!! Where was I?? Ah well. I am jealous ladies. What a fantastic place for a fun evening out. Good food makes up for lack of crafting. Watch out for those lords.........

    ReplyDelete