Wednesday, 25 September 2013

Enjoy the Journey

This is the full reveal of the first 'sneaky peek' I posted two weeks ago.  Using this month's Mad Scrappers Kit of MME Oxford Lane patterned papers, co-ordinating cardstock, acetate sheet and a StazOn Ink Pad - this is what I created.


I used a sketch by Susan Stringfellow at Sketch Savvy BlogSpot for this layout, adapting it to suit my photographs and theme of the layout.

As the technique this month was stamping on acetate, I decided to use the StazOn Ink Pad to create my own frame.  Using a wooden 'lolly' stick, I inked this up and randomly stamped around the outer edges of the acetate (cut to size to cover the photograph).  This is a good idea if you have corners or edges of photographs that you would like to hide by using a fancy swirl or a flowers stamp and stamp into the corners.

Making a frame around your photograph like this focuses the eye to the main part of the photo, away from other distracting elements.  I deliberately wanted to leave the car wheel in the photo as it is part of the 'journey' theme in the title.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Leave a comment so that I know you have passed by this way.

6 comments:

  1. I can't believe this little cutie is 14 this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So effective. That small frame makes such a difference to the photo. Great idea Ann. Doesn't time fly......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ionabunny - it certainly does! Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was really searching for such a nice post and got here...Thanks for sharing such a nice information, its beneficial for me...Keep sharing more.
    Scrapbook

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos Ann, great layout

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable little guy! Stamping on acetate is hard. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete