Thursday, 12 September 2013

Mad Scrappers: update

I thought I would give you an update on our first club night of this month.  It was a bit strange as we went from over 20 club members to under 10 last night.  Many reasons for this.  Obviously, the main reason is that I have now made two club nights from one large club and 6 new members have joined us.  This means that each club night will be smaller.  Last night was smaller again simply because a lot of people were on holiday.

The night was very reminiscence of our club nights at our previous club in Boldon.  It was lovely though to actually have the time to go around everyone and have a chat as well as see what everyone was up to.  The technique of stamping on acetate (as I suspected) filled some with dread but some plucky souls did give it a go and I saw some really lovely butterflies being produced by this technique.

Unfortunately, not everyone completed their layouts so I will leave those for another time to show you.  Ann G however, brought along a lovely layout she had completed using the kit from last month.
 
This kit last month used patterned papers from Fancy Pants 'What a Wonderful Day', co-ordinating cardstock and cork arrows and cork self-adhesive sheets as the technique.  Ann created this layout using the sketch from Susan Stringfellow at Sketch Savvy and instead of 'Fun in the Sun' named her layout 'Fun Walking in the Rain!'.  Love the umbrellas Ann.

Thanks for sharing with us Ann.  I look forward to sharing completed layouts from this month's Mad Scrappers Club after the second club night on 25th September.  I will also do the full reveal of my sneaky peeks layouts then.
Leave a comment so that I know you have passed by this way.  Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

  1. A lovely LO Ann G. It looks complex with all those embellishments but everything works beautifully and you have achieved a lovely balance. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree ionabunny I think Ann has done a marvellous job. I especially like the umbrellas - fab. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute layout..love the colour combination...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by Sidelle - you are entered into the blog candy draw for this month. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely layout, great use of colours

    ReplyDelete