Friday, 25 October 2013

Sail

This is the full reveal of the second sneaky peek I posted a few weeks back.  Using the Mad Scrappers Club Kit of Teresa Collins patterned papers, co-ordinating cardstock, corsage pins and an American Crafts white pen, I created this layout.


I used the black cardstock as the base (gutted out the middle) and layered this with the Damask patterned paper.  Using a 6" x 4" photograph - I cut this into 2" strips and matted the strips onto black cardstock.  I cut images from the Snippets patterned paper (matted them first onto some of the Beach cardstock) and using double-sided foam tape (for dimension), arranged them around the outside of the matted photograph.  The cork arrows and wooden cameras are from a previous kit.  I made the rosette using a Sizzix Die and the BigShot (one of my favourite dies ever!).  I added 2 of the corsage pins to the rosette and added my title to finish.

I have the Teresa Collins patterned paper collection kit in stock and you can find it HERE.  The Andy Skinner Mask is out of stock at the moment but email me if you would like one as I have them on order.  Thanks for stopping by today.  Leave a comment and if you are a follower of this blog you will be entered into the draw for a chance to win the fab Halloween goodies up for grabs this month.  Good luck!

7 comments:

  1. Love that photo Ann. The way it's split works so well. The eye goes to the red light house then moves to the slightly hazy boat and finally settles on the calm sea. Fab and fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much ionabunny. I have use this technique before of cutting the photographs - it works so well with certain photo's. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ann, Super layout. Splitting the photo into three definitely adds interest as well as drawing the eye. I love this technique so much that I have made my self a little preview mask I can lay over photos to see if I like them divided this way, before I comit to cutting them. Theresa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous layout Ann. I love how you have the patterned edge of the backing paper to the right. I would have put it at the bottom or top.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea Theresa. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete