Wednesday, 15 January 2014

Prima: Wire Thread

Another new line that Prima has out from CHA this Winter is their 'Wire Thread'.  It's available in several colours and I have opted for Ink Black and Stark White to start with.  This colour combination is featured very strongly this year across many manufacturer's ranges.

Ink Black Wire Thread
 
Stark White Wire Thread
 
There are 25 yards of thread on each roll and they come in a matte finish.  I will be stocking this product in the shop (due in sometime in February) and I think it may even make an appearance in one of our Mad Scrappers Kits!
 
There are loads of lovely products coming from CHA this Winter and I already have ideas for the March and April Kits (ordered them even!).  I won't say too much as I will spoil the surprise for the club members.
 
I know wire thread may not be a new product to some people (jewellery makers spring to mind) but I can honestly say I haven't used this on a scrapbook page before.  Have you used this product before?  Leave a comment to let me know and if a blog follower, I will enter your name into the draw.  Thanks for taking the time to stop by.

10 comments:

  1. Not really sure what it is. Very thin coloured wire one assumes. Will be keen to see how you are using this in LO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ionabunny - not sure myself until it comes into stock but I think it can be made into different shapes and added to layouts. Will give it a go anyhow and show you what we've done. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the wire looks interesting and hope it does appear in a kit please. I think it would make great embellishments which would add real interest and uniqueness to a page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have used it in my jewellery making but not in scrapping......interested to see the possibilities

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have actually used wire in scrapbooking, threaded beads onto it and shaped it into swirly flat shapes, it is a while since I used it so will have to search through my old layouts, it is extremely effective

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds interesting Gillian. Come to think of it I have used shop bought 'wire words' on layouts (a few years ago now though). It will be interesting to see what we come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heard of it for Jewellery Making but never come across it in scrapbooking should be fun finding out. I am sure you will come up with a good idea for the Mad Scrappers kits Ann. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made some christmas cards a few years ago wih silver wire and purple seed beads will work well with the whole chalkboard vibe!

    ReplyDelete