Friday, 21 February 2014

Creative Crafts: Make 'n Take

At the Creative Crafts 'Super Saturday' event on 29th March 2014 at Gateshead Stadium, I will be offering crafters the chance to create a 'Make 'n Take'.  Obviously, as time is limited during the day I decided to create something that could be made for a variety of occasions but still be made fairly quickly.

As monochrome is very on trend at the moment I decided on this decorated gift bag:

This is one I created using a plain kraft bag and covering the front and back with plain card (white) and some decorative papers in the form of Delish Designs 'Peppercorn - Appetizer' (which is a lovely script pattern).  I added the word 'Love', which is die-cut and embossed, along with a die-cut and embossed flower.  The finishing touch is a hand-made label, which is attached with some Prima 'Wire Thread'.


If you are coming along to the event and you would like to make one of these bags (there will be a nominal cost of £1.50 to cover cost of materials and adhesives), please email me at ann@thescrapbookgarden.co.uk and I will book you a place.  Places will be limited.  Please note this is a 'Make 'n Take' and not a workshop.  A majority of the products will be pre-cut and embossed to save time and therefore it will be mostly assembly only required.

As the next day will be Mother's Day, it is a lovely idea - especially filled with lovely craft goodies (available from The Scrapbook Garden).  I hope to see many of you there that live in the area.  Leave a message if you are coming along.  Thanks for stopping by today.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds ideal to book the girls into and they can make while I shop! Outstanding! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Krafty Kat - I never saw that one coming! Luckily, my daughter will be helping on the day (she works as a TA in a school), so ideal for the job! Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that's a reasonable price for a lovely gift bag and a great idea to buy a few crafty goodies to fill it up. Can I ask where you get the plain bags? Have a friend who has been trying to find nice bags to alter....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought them a while ago on the internet. I will have a look back on my invoices and pm you the details. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute, a lovely personal touch for a special gift

    ReplyDelete