Wednesday, 12 February 2014

Sweet Heart

This is the first reveal of one of the 'sneaky peeks' I showed last week.  I had you all guessing on what the photograph was ... now you can see for yourself.

As you can see it is of my Grandson (taken a few years ago now).  I used both sides of MME Cupid's Arrow 'Chevron' patterned paper to show that 'Valentine' themed papers don't have to be just about Valentine's Day.

I also used the 'Love Journal Cards' to add the layers (not wasting too much paper doing this) and it adds different patterns without cutting into different 12x12 papers.  I used one of the chipboard hearts as the base for a sub-title and added a Prima SIIC word (from my own stash).

I love the confetti trend at the moment and used two different sized heart punches to create this effect on the page, along with some wooden buttons (avert your eyes Krafty Kat).  I enjoyed the challenge of doing something different with this kit and I am pleased with the result.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Pop back tomorrow when I will reveal the second layout using this month's kit.  Mad Scrappers - first club night tonight - see you all there.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks Disco Queen - lovely to hear from you. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, see you fooled us by using a male picture with those pinks. Works really well. Love the chevron patterns, the hearts and the B's that shall be nameless. Gorgeous.
    Still thinking about the Prima sketch. Thinking, thinking......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny lady... Looks great.. Would have been even better without the you know what's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that was certainly a surprise - it is lovely though

    ReplyDelete