Sunday, 23 February 2014

The Journey Awakens the Soul

I showed the latest sketch from Scrap 365 yesterday and I said I would give it a go this month - well I did and this is what I created:

 
I used patterned papers from Authentique 'Natural' collection.  The base paper is called 'Native'.  I used a couple of stencils on the background before deciding on creating the lines with some corrugated card (taken from a cardboard box), loaded it up with some Copper acrylic paint and stamped on the background paper.

The other paper layers are from the same Authentique collection and are called 'Daydream' and 'Enhancements'.  I wanted an organic feel to the layout and used some Burlap (Hessian to UK crafters) to mat my photograph and wooden buttons as embellishments to finish.

I will link it to the Scrap 365 site as I just like taking part in the challenge.   Thanks for stopping by today - have a lovely Sunday.

15 comments:

  1. Well, I'm glad you did it again! another great piece of work from you! thank you for playing along with us at scrap 365!
    hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Ann. Such an organic feel. The background paper is lovely and I like how you added the lines. The hessian frames the picture perfectly and draws you into the image. Reminds me of Trompe l'Oeil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout !!!!!!! Really like the papers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, love the way it turned out. The picture is lovely. Such a mellow chilled out feel, papers and textures meld brilliantly. Good luck with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone. I don't expect to win Krafty Kat I just like to enter the challenge. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Ann! This layout is stunning. I have always loved your layouts, but this one is at a whole new level. The colour combination, texture & levels of interest are all perfect. Theresa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You certainly have achieved a stunning page - the colours are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful picture, and layout too around it!
    Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap365 :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a really beautiful, serene layout, love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for all your lovely comments. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  11. fantastic .. love the photo & your colour combo ... thanks for taking the challenge & sharing.:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful!! Thank you so much for playing with us at Scrap365!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous, I love the blue tones and the lines you created with card and paint. Thank you for joining us at Scrap365! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning page! Love the light color scheme!

    ReplyDelete