Wednesday, 12 March 2014

'I Do'

This is the full reveal of the sneaky peek #1 I posted last week and is the first of two layouts using this month's Mad Scrappers Kit of Prima 'Stationer's Desk' patterned papers and co-ordinating cardstock.  This month as the technique we are using one of those fab new Prima Lace Stickers and some of their Wire Thread.


I used Prima 'Stationer's Desk' Red Ink as the base for this layout.  I also used one of the brand new Teresa Collins 'Essentially Basic' Stencils (Damask) and a Ranger Paint Dabber (Snowcap) to create more pattern on the background.  I used a Tando Creative 'Hearts Background' Mask and some Silver Acrylic Paint to achieve the hearts design on the base paper.

I used one of the journal cards from the Prima 'Stationer's Desk' Love Letter patterned paper to mat the photograph - cutting into the paper so it overlaps on one side.  I used the Prima Lace Sticker (Doily) as is and added some Crafty Impressions Lace Border in white and some Dovecraft 'Curiosity Corner' Resin Flowers.  I made some swirls to add to the flowers (using the Prima Wire Thread).  I added a journal card (from the Love Letter paper), added some wire thread and added my title.

The zip embellishment in the top right hand corner is a Marianne Design Die, which I cut from a piece of the patterned paper and added a contrasting colour underneath.

I am looking forward to the first (of two this month) Mad Scrappers Clubs tonight.  I cannot wait to see what the ladies come up with using this kit.  See you all tonight ladies.  Thanks for stopping by today.

13 comments:

  1. A lovely layout and I like the papers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kate. You will get your kit with this papers tonight. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely LO Ann. Really like how you used the patterns on the paper and then embellished with the stencil and the silver paint. The hearts are very effective. That wire thread adds interesting highlights as well. Lots to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely L/O Ann, Looking Forward to Madscrappers Club Tonite See you there

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely layout Ann, really like the wire twirls. Looking forward to tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely page , love the techniques, lovely papers! Enjoy scrapping tonight

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Krafty Kat - see you at the next one. Ann x

    ReplyDelete