Monday, 24 March 2014

Windswept on Holy Island

One of two layouts I have created using the fab Glitz Design 'Black & White' range.  This one called 'Windswept on Holy Island' tells the story of when we went to Holy Island one Summer (probably circa 1984) - pre digital camera age.  The photographs themselves weren't of great quality but they were the only ones I had of the day.  I decided to make them into circles and frame them so I could use more than one photograph on the page.

 
As you can see from the photographs, although it was Summer the wind on the island was bitter cold.  Myself and my two girls only had a lightweight jacket on each and I remember thinking "why didn't we bring a cardigan?".  Needless to say after this experience a cardigan was duly packed in the car for every day out we ever went on!
 
I used Glitz Design 'Black & White' Woodgrain (used reverse side) and Polka for this page.  The frames were cut on the Cricut as I thought they looked like View Master circles.  The arrows were added to add movement to the page to represent the swirling wind.  I couldn't resist adding the pin wheels for a bit of fun.  The title is made up from letters from the Glitz Design Alphas and Words Sticker Sheet.  You can view all the Glitz Design products HERE.
 
Thanks for stopping by.  Remember to leave a comment so that your name is entered into the draw for this month's blog candy (see rules of entry to qualify).

10 comments:

  1. You look freezing! Great colour combo, gotta live arrows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe me Krafty Kat it was! I love arrows too - they are very 'on trend' at the moment too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful pics!! the layout is very nice and matching to the photographs!!
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely live this layout! May need to have a go at this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So unsual Ann its gorgeous feel a scraplift coming on lols xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your black and white and red. The pinwheels are so cute

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the layout Ann, particularly the windmills

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab page - found you when looking for scrapbook shops near my son!
    Have put your candy in my side-bar!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jimjams - I cannot see you as a blog follower (see rules). x

    ReplyDelete