Monday, 7 April 2014

Afternoon Tea at Lumley Castle

Me and my 2 lovely daughters went to Lumley Castle yesterday for afternoon tea (how very Downton Abbey!).  Youngest daughter took some photo's - so had to share.

Before we got to work on the lovely assorted sandwiches - tuna mayonnaise, smoked salmon and cream cheese, roast beef with red onion marmalade (my favourite!), roasted red pepper, cream cheese and rocket.  There was also cheese scones and fruit scones with fruit jam and local clotted cream.  Followed by Mini chocolate cup filled with seasonal fruit mousse, mini chocolate √©clair, homemade filled macaroon, carrot cake with cream cheese frosting and mini seasonal fruit tart.  Hate to think what the calorie intake was!.

We did try our best to finish everything but as you can see - we failed!  A shame to leave some but I couldn't eat another thing.  Oh we did finish this off with a glass of Pimms!
 
This was a late birthday treat for eldest daughter whose birthday it was midweek.  I could get used to this.  I am sure these photo's will find their way onto a scrapbook page sometime.  Let me know how you spent your Sunday.  Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Ann, oh wow , what a great way to spend a sunday. I do miss cream teas. Unfortunately yesterday was rainy. I was trying to craft but was unable to settle to anything so a frustrating and unproductive day. Obviously I should have been at Lumley Castle!!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would have been more than welcome ionabunny. It was really busy and I just love the castle. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Georgeous......looks so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had afternoon tea there too and it is really amazing. It was Laura's swim training yesterday afternoon but I know where I'd rather have been!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks outstanding, have to remember this one for a treat day, poor showing having leftovers though. Tut, tut! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like you had a nice time.. Sunday we went to Church and then some shopping @ Produce Junction and Dollar Tree..
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a feast, I love Lumley Castle, what a gorgeous place to spend a Sunday afternoon!

    ReplyDelete