Tuesday, 15 April 2014

Octagonal Home Hanging

I showed you the Tando Creative Octagonal Home Hanging when it came into stock a couple of weeks ago.  Yesterday I decided to make one of these kits up as a sample for a forthcoming show at the end of this month.  I used Glitz Design 'Sunshine in my Soul' patterned papers (Stripe and Suns - used reverse side) and a Ranger Distress Ink Pad (Peacock Feathers).

I painted the top octagonal pieces  and the word 'HOME' with acrylic paint (watered down to give a washed look) and when dry inked the edges with the Ranger's Distress Ink Pad.   I inked the chipboard hearts, part of the house and the bird's wing with the Peacock Feathers Ink Pad, adding some small dots around the outside of the heart shapes to add contrast and pattern.

The bird, butterfly, roof of house and butterflies, were covered in the Glitz Design patterned papers.
I added some small buttons in a contrasting colour to complete.  I have attached all the octagonal sections at the back using tape to secure in place.  There is the option to tie each section together with either ribbon, string or any other suitable material.
 
This is just one option available on how to decorate this home hanging.  It could also be used for photographs or any other display use.  What would you use it for?  Leave a comment to let me know.  Thanks for stopping by today.

7 comments:

  1. Looks great a really nice combination of colours

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely. Like the dotty paper. I still think this would make a lovely photo LO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know ionabunny I was torn to make it into something different but I made it as a sample so couldn't really diversify too much. a

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is very nice... yes! a photo hanging would also be a good option.. Maybe 1 more option would be to hand inspirational verses... I would prefer to add different types of flowers on each and make it a girly decorative hanging ;)
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats lovely Ann I think I would use it for Photo,s xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two great ideas Berina and Jan - thanks for stopping by. x

    ReplyDelete