Wednesday, 21 May 2014

Footprints in the Sand

This is the reveal of the second sneaky peek I posted last week using this month's Mad Scrappers Kit of Graphic 45 'By the Sea' patterned papers, co-ordinating cardstock and DCWV 12x12 Burlap sheet.


I used Bazzill Cantaloupe as the base and layered this with G45 'Gathering Seashells' patterned paper, which was cut using a template to create the frame.

The 'Sand & Surf' patterned paper is so versatile and can be cut to create frames for your photographs (this is what I did in this layout).  I cut and frayed the edges of the burlap for this photo mat as it gives a lovely texture to the layout.  The burlap letters are from The Works - £1.99 for a pack of 52 letters.  Of course you can cut the burlap on a die-cutting machine to create your own alphas.  Looking forward to creating with our second Mad Scrappers Club group next Wednesday.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Leave a comment so that I know you have passed by this way.  If you leave a comment and you are a blog follower, your name will be entered into the blog candy draw for this month.

9 comments:

  1. Lovely layout, must remember to pack dies for club night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful LO. Love the way you layered the photo onto the same paper as the backing. Love those colours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super Layout Ann! I love the beach rules.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful LO.. love the "SAND"... it is beautiful how u have used the PP as the border...
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great LO! Super use of Burlap. Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the layout. I've not used my kit yet because I'm still at the stage of enjoying looking at and stroking the papers. Plus I'm thinking about which pics to use to do them justice.

    ReplyDelete