Saturday, 3 May 2014

NSD: Challenge

Good morning and happy National Scrapbooking Day.  I will be busy hosting the Mad Scrappers NSD event in South Shields from 1.00 - 6.00 p.m. today.  The club members will be creating lots of lovely layouts using the fab Teresa Collins 'Hello My Name Is' Collection Pack, along with a Teresa Collins 'Flip Book'.  I hope to be showing loads of happy photographs tomorrow!

As well as setting a challenge for all our lovely club members, I thought I would open it up to include anyone who would like to join us.  The challenge entails creating a scrapbook layout using this gorgeous sketch by Susan Stringfellow, I came across on the Carta Bella blog.


This is the gorgeous layout that Susan Stringfellow created using this sketch.


The challenge today for all club members (and anyone else who would like to join in) is this:

1. Create a 12x12 layout using the above sketch (include all the layers as per the sketch).
2. Use one or more of the following elements on your layout: Ink, paint, mists of any kind (anywhere on the layout).  It could be as simple as inking the edges of your papers.
3. Ink and distress the edges of some of the papers on the layout.
4. Include a title (other than hand-written, or journal card).
5. Include some journaling (this could be hidden journaling if you prefer).
6. Use any paper ranges that you like.

Once you have finished creating your masterpieces, take a photograph (it doesn't matter if you get some of the background in as I can trim that out), and email me the layout (jpeg format please).  The challenge will close at midnight on Monday 5th May 2014 - so plenty of time to finish your creations.  My email address is: ann@thescrapbookgarden.co.uk  All entries will be shown on The Scrapbook Garden blog as well as on The Scrapbook Garden Facebook page.

The winner will be selected using a random number selector.  The prize will be:


The prize contains: a La-De-Dah Creative Journal (Journey); Clips & Tags; Sticky Tags; Mini Pockets; Washi Tape - that all co-ordinate.  I will draw the winner next Tuesday morning (6th May 2014).  All that is left to say is - enjoy NSD and I hope you will take the time to join in with us here.  Any questions, please just leave a message or email me.  I look forward to seeing your lovely layouts.  Good luck everyone.

11 comments:

  1. I'm in, it's a great sketch and the layout is so bright and fun! Already finished ironing and washing done, just need to do some shopping, apparently children require food as well as craft supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my you are quick off the ball this morning Krafty Kat. You do have until Monday (midnight) to do this challenge, so plenty of time. No excuses mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool....looking forward to this

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew you'd be up for it Karen. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh me oh my what a lovely sketch and prize. I'm not really a scrapper and I am already fully booked today and a lot of tomorrow but you are tempting me and I do still have Monday. Would love to join from afar. Will get the brain cell on the case. Have a great day ladies and can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh do try ionabunny - you have to be in it to win it! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely sketch..love the layout..the colours of the pier..it matches the picture so perfectly..would love to take part to win the fabulous prize..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well yesterday was a complete bust, didn't touch a piece if card after getting my chores done.. Must try harder.. And the washing basket is full again! How! Please someone explain this phenomenon please

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a bright and wonderful layout you gave created

    ReplyDelete
  10. This has been by far my favourite sketch in a long time. I love pages with one photo so this was ideal for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great sketch, great prize too.

    ReplyDelete