Wednesday, 14 May 2014

Rock Chicks

This is (one of two) layouts I created using this month's Mad Scrappers Club Kit that consists of Graphic45 'By the Sea' patterned papers, co-ordinating Bazzill Cardstock and a sheet of 12x12 DCWV Burlap.

I used Bazzill 'Natural' Cardstock as the base, layering this with Bazzill 'Lakeshore' Cardstock, before adding the DCWV Burlap.  I used Graphic45 'Splash' and 'Sand and Surf' patterned papers on this layout and some Glitz Design 'Arrows' Washi Tape.  The burlap letters in the title are available from The Works (£1.99 for a pack of 52 burlap letters).  Alternatively, the burlap sheet can be cut on a die-cutting machine using an alphabet die.  I used the BigShot and a die to cut the burlap butterfly.

I used a Susan Stringfellow sketch that I came across on the Carta Bella blog.  Entrants to the NSD here at The Scrapbook Garden blog will recognise it as the one we used for the NSD challenge.


I absolutely love this sketch and I am sure I will use it again as I love the layering and detail.  I will reveal layout #2 later in the month on the second Mad Scrappers Club date.

Tonight is the first of this month's Mad Scrappers Club nights ..... looking forward to it ladies - see you all later.  Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to leave a comment so that you are entered in the draw for this month's fab prize.

13 comments:

  1. Love the sketch, love your layout and these papers are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kate. I love these papers too. I agree that sketch is great. See you later. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super LO Ann. I particularly love the play on words. Theresa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers Theresa - I decided it was better than 'on the rocks'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blu looks like a lovely shade, I need the washi tape and I'd completely missed the pun! Doh! Can't wait to see what the ladies make if the kit! Have a great night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Krafty Kat - just reserve yourself one of the washi tapes by ordering through the shop. Remember to use 'pick up at store' option when you check out and I will bring to the next club night in a couple of weeks. That blue is gorgeous and I have extra sheets too. Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the burlap, so tactile.
    Very impressed with your play-on-words title!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very beautiful... love the use of burlap...
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a great evening Mad Scrappers. Lovely LO Ann. The title is perfect and love the burlap bits

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree Super Title & great use of Burlap. Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everyone - comments much appreciated. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the sketch.. Thanks for painting me in the right direction..those papers are great too!

    ReplyDelete