Saturday, 17 May 2014

Scrap365 Sketch Challenge

I haven't joined in the Scrap365 Sketch Challenge for a while but when I saw the latest sketch based on the artwork by Ulrika Wandler for June's sketch challenge I thought I would give it a go.

This is my take on the sketch that I have entered into the Scrap365 Sketch Challenge.

I used Bazzill white cardstock as the base and used stencils and ink to create the background.  I inked around the outside edges of the base cardstock and added two drawn lines with a black pen.  The patterned papers are from the Carta Bella 'Summer Lovin' range.

I used the wooden stars and glasses icons from the Squidgy Pins range.  The Polaroid frame is cut using one of the Squidgy Pins wooden frames as a template. I made my journaling strips using a Dymo Labelmaker (it's my new toy tool and it's pink!).

I really enjoyed working with this sketch as it stretched my creativity and got me inky!  Why not join in - it's a lovely sketch and there's a prize by sponsors 13 Arts up for grabs.  The challenge closes on 15th June, so plenty of time to join in.  Thanks for stopping by today.  Hope you have a lovely Saturday.

17 comments:

  1. Love the sketch and love the page, bright and clean, just my kinda thing! Top job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sketch is really great and I love your interpretation of it. So summery and fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one's gorgeous Ann. I like the clean look. Fun colours, fun photo, fun fun fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Live the sketch and your interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super LO Ann! I especially love the fireworks look of the stencilling. Hope you win. Theresa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful sketch!!! love your take on the sketch!! beautiful papers..
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab Layout! Love the sunglasses embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone for your comments. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous fun colours. The "fireworks" are great and the glasses! I love the Dymo idea. Seeing as I am in love with my date stamp, I could definitely love a Dymo!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet layout!
    Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap365 <3 !

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a fantastic work! thank you for playing along with us at scrap 365!
    hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely sketch - I'm loving the colour explosions 😄

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks wonderful. Love the colours and that gorgeous photo. You used the sketch perfectly. Thanks for joining in at Scrap365 :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this! Super little splashes and a really good balanced LO

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a cute page you made! thank you for joining Scrap 365 challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. fantastic take on the sketch ... love the crisp bright colours .. thanks for joining us on sketch 365 .. cheers

    ReplyDelete