Wednesday, 4 June 2014

Fantastic Day

I created this layout using the Susan Stringfellow sketch I showed yesterday.  I created this layout before I had the idea of the scrapbook challenge, so it may not fully comply with the challenge rules but I just wanted to show you what I came up with using this sketch.

 
I used Carta Bella 'Summer Lovin' patterned papers and black and white Bazzill cardstock, along with Summer Lovin' Element Sticker Sheet and a Viva Décor Pearl Pen in turquoise.
 
I layered the same as the sketch but created the Minnie Mouse head where the sketch indicated a circle.  I created the 'bow' using a Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations 'Bow-Tied' die, using the smallest size bow for my layout.
 
The photograph features my Daughter and Grandson, so meets the male element of the challenge.  I used one of the journal cards from the patterned papers to create my title and some of the stickers from the Element Sticker Sheet as sub-titles.  I added some journaling using my new fab Dymo Label Maker (need to add more - may just write onto the layout).
 
I hope this gives you some ideas on how this sketch could look.  You can get more inspiration from the Carta Bella blog HERE, which features the original sketch and Susan Stringfellow's layout (which is fantastic).
 
Don't forget to leave a comment so that you are entered into the draw (see rules).  I would love to see your interpretation of this sketch - you have until 28th June to enter and get more entries into the draw.  Thanks for stopping by today.

12 comments:

  1. I really like your layout and the kit for this month is really summery. Still need to think about the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This month's kit is fab for all those Summer layouts. Looking forward to your challenge entry Kate. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super layout Ann, I love the cut out of Minnie's ears & bow. It brings the theme together perfectly. Theresa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Theresa. I love that new bow tied die - you will probably see it on more layouts in the future. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great LO. Love the white space around the brights. It really gives the picture focus

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great page, love the dotty coordination!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Krafty Kat. I used the paper range we have for this month's kit. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful LO... love the mickey sihoutte...
    Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very good layuots!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete